KORIE DUNHOFT ACORD, DMD
Growing up in Northern Kentucky, Dr. Korie always knew she wanted to work with children. She attended the University of Louisville where she was involved in student government, the student activities board and was a Cardinal host for several university events. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology she continued her education at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry. Dr. Korie then moved to Delaware for a General Practice Residency. Upon completion, she practiced as a general dentist for two years. It was at this time she realized that treating children was her dream and would become her career focus. She moved back to Louisville to complete her Pediatric Dental residency program. While there she shared the duties of Chief Resident and completed her residency training in May 2010.
Her residency training prepared her to offer oral sedation, among other behavior management techniques, for children with situational anxiety in the dental office. For those patients that do not fit the criteria for safe in-office sedation, it is very important to have the option of comprehensive dental treatment under general anesthesia. Her residency provided this opportunity during her work in Kosair Children’s Hospital for the last two years. While there she worked very closely with pediatricians, anesthesiologists, emergency medicine physicians, and hematology and oncology specialists. This experience has provided Dr. Korie with a unique medical background to care for both healthy and special needs children.
She had the opportunity to serve as one of the Pediatric Dentists at The Home of the Innocents, where she was involved with The University of Louisville School of Dentistry as an adjunct faculty member for the pediatric dental residents and dental students. Dr. Korie resides in Louisville with her husband, Dr. Timothy Acord, DDS, who is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. They are avid supporters of U of L Cardinal Athletics.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Louisville Dental Society
- Kentucky Dental Association
- American Dental Association
“Incorporating Infant Oral Heath Program into your practice”
String of Pearls Lecture Series AAPD Annual Meeting 2010
- "Incorporating Infant Oral Heath Program into your practice,” University of Louisville Pediatric Residency, 2010
- "Biological Role of Plasminogen Activation in Wound Healing and Cancer Invasion”, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, 1998
Professional Licensure & Certification
- State Licensure: Delaware and Kentucky
- PALS Certified—Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support course
- BLS Certified—Successful completion of Basic Life Support course